I recently read a post by Carly the Prepster where she turned thirty and followed up on a post she had made years in advance. “30 things she wanted to do before she was thirty!” I thought this was a pretty cool idea and decided to copy it! Obviously I’m still a ways off from thirty, but I thought since in two years I’ll be twenty-five why not shoot for 25 things before I turn twenty-five. Did you follow all that?
By the way finding 25 things that I wanted to accomplish or experience in two years time is not as easy as you think. I mean you guys write up your bucket lists and see what you can come up with. After a while it was like pulling teeth and so some of my entries are a bit impossible.
- See the Indian Ocean(the only ocean I haven’t seen)
- Take up tap dancing again
- Learn to like(or at least understand) poetry
- Read War and Peace
- Visit Israel
- See a Broadway Musical on Broadway
- Bake a soufflé
- See Yellowstone(most of my things have to do with traveling don’t they?)
- Go rock wall climbing
- Go sailing
- Try surfing(or something to do with the water)
- Take up needle point
- Get my blog up to four posts a week
- Get out of my comfort zone as much as possible
- Stop over thinking things
- Learn more about the old West
- Declutter my life
- Become a prayer warrior
- Learn a musical instrument
- Go to a Packer’s game!
- Publish my books…
- Visit a Tropical island
- Go scuba diving
- Go on a missions trip
- Learn ASL
I think I should insert a caveat: yes the goal is to check every single one of these things off the list, but do I honestly think I will do all these things? Yeah no! What about you guys? What are some things on your bucket lists? Stay tuned to guys in two years(Lord willing and I’m still blogging) we’ll see how many of these things I actually do.
Lots of love,